ICSI (INTRA CYTOPLASMIC SPERM INSEMINATION)
ICSI is performed by direct injection of sperms into the egg to make fertilize treatment more successful. This is used in IVF treatment as a primary step. Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) provides help for men with severe sperm dysfunction. In this procedure, a single sperm is micro-manipulated and captured in a glass needle and is injected directly into the egg.
ICSI treatment is known techniques to have a baby. ICSI procedure involves basically below steps-
- The complete maturated egg is coordinated with a specialized pipette.
- Very sharp and delicate needle is used to pick a single perm.
- Picked sperm needs to carefully inject in the shell of the egg.
- Later needle needs to remove carefully.
- Proper monitoring is required in the entire procedure.
- The eggs are checked on the following day and regular basis to check the growth of egg also positive fertilization.
Once Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection process is done and successful than the implantation of the embryo is taken place to proceed further infertility treatment. This needs much monitoring and helps in getting pregnant to a woman also fulfil the desire of having a baby for male and female both.
Targeted Audience or who for should for this procedure- This is beneficial for that couple where the male is suffering from infertility issues at the same time women are also unable to get pregnant naturally. Even if you are facing any below problems like-
- Low sperm count
- Poor sperm movement or shape
- Physical blockage
- Having tried IVF without success
- This technique is useful for those who have the desire to have a baby.
- It improves the quality of sperm and their mobility.
- If women are unable to conceive naturally.
- This is most helpful in IVF treatment.
- Most beneficial technique in the case of donor sperm.
- ISCI may be used in case of single or unmarried women and a male who has a desire to have their own baby.
Disadvantages and Side Effects-
- ISCI treatment is an expensive technique to have a baby.
- It causes multiple pregnancies.
- It may cause various complication during and after pregnancy.
- This procedure is not applicable for all fertility treatment.
- It may cause to damage embryos.
- Baby may affect with birth defects.
- Baby and mother may get infected from various issues.
Success rate and conclusion- This has a 20 per cent to 40 per cent success rate to have a baby. It also depends on various factors like age of women and men, sperm quality and this is really helpful for those who cannot become parents naturally. These days couple all around the world are using IVF treatment to have a healthy child and start their new life and parenthood with happiness. This process is very useful at the present time because many couples are struggling to have a baby. There are so many factors which may cause for infertility so it is advisable to contact the expert who is best and do a proper examination and accordingly start treatment.