In any pregnancy, the male role is very crucial. In some cases where women face problems to become pregnant at the same time male also face problems to make women pregnant and they also need infertility treatment. Male Infertility is known as a male inability to make women pregnant. It is because of the low quality of semen. Failure to conceive within one or more years of regularly unprotected coitus during fertile period is infertility.
- Primary: Never conceived.
- Secondary: Achieved pregnancy once but thereafter cannot conceive within one or more years of regular unprotected intercourse during the fertile period.
MALE ANATOMY AND FUNCTIONS
- Seminiferous tubules—Spermatogenesis
- Cells of Leydig—Testosterone production
- Seminal vesicles—Produces viscous, alkaline fluid rich in fructose
- Prostate—Produces prostaglandin
- Ductal system
- Epididymis—Maturation of sperm and transport
- Vas deferens—Sperm storage and acidification(decrease motility)
- Ejaculatory duct—Convergence of vas and seminal vesicles (to the urethra)
- Urethra— a Terminal portion of the seminal fluid passage (ejaculation)
There are so many factors which may result in male infertility. Your doctor may ask you for below tests-
- Scrotal ultrasound
- Post-ejaculation urinalysis.
- Hormone testing
- Genetic tests
- Transrectal ultrasound.
- Testicular biopsy
- Specialized sperm function tests
Targeted Audience or who should go for this procedure- The men who are facing issues in low quality of semen. They need to go for a sperm sample test and then the treatment process starts.
Basically, it is done to improve the quality of sperm and make men efficient to make women pregnant and start their family.
This helps in proper analysis of semen and improves the quality of sperms.
- Male Infertility Treatment helps in getting women pregnant naturally.
- This treatment method improves the mobility of sperms and makes them productive.
- This method is not expensive than IVF.
- With the help of IVF, the chances of becoming pregnant have a good success rate.
- A couple may also go for donor sperm to have a child.
Disadvantages and Side Effects-
Male Infertility Treatment may not cover under the insurance policy.
- This required so many tests and those tests are very expensive.
- Infertility treatment for men is so expensive than other methods like IUI.
- It may result in multiple pregnancies at the same time.
Success rate and conclusion- The success rate of Male Infertility has a good percentage and it is really helpful to have a baby. Not always women are unable to have a child there are so many reasons which may influence to have a baby naturally and one the reason is Male Infertility. If a male is struggling to make his partner pregnant then he may need to go for below treatments-
- Treating infections
- Treatments for sexual intercourse problems
- Assisted reproductive technology (ART)
- Hormone treatments and medications
It helps a male to have a child and it is not impossible and various techniques have made it possible.